Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #191924

, , | Unfiltered | April 13, 2020

So, in my store, it’s our policy to discount an incorrectly priced item when scanned to what it is on the shelf, to the advertised price. Mainly because it’s illegal to falsely advertise, but movimg on.
A man comes to my register with a printer cartridge that scans at $50.
Customer: That was on display for $47.50
Me: Ok, I’ll just need to call someone from that department to verify that.
The man and I wait patiently for the otger staff member to come and return with the price check, and the man was right.
Me: Ok, all fixed. That will be $47.50.
Customer: Excuse me? Shouldn’t I be getting it for free since the price was wrong?
(It should be noted that some Australian supermarkets have co-signed an agreement that in simple terms, if an item scans wrong at the checkout, the customer is entitled to one for free. However, we are not a signatory, nor a supermarket)
Me: No, you get it as wrongly advertised.
Customer: I think you’ll find it’s the law that I get it for free.
Me: I think you’ll find it’s the law that we just need to remedy false advertising, hence you get it for the incorrectly advertised price.
As the front supervisor, I pretty much got the last say unless he directly asked dor a manager. But he didn’t, and the customer agrees to pay $47.50.
Around an hour or so later, my “Customer Care Manager” (yep they existed for a period) came up to talk to me while it was quiet.
Manager: So, I just got a call transferred to me from head office about a gentleman with a printer cartridge. He tols me the story and I pretty much just laughed at him and told him oh how wrong he was.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!