Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #191765

, , , | Unfiltered | April 12, 2020

(I work in my family’s restaurant chain on the weekends as a hostess. A busser comes up to me and is rather nervous)
Bus boy: “Do we have comment cards?”
(We have had no one ever ask for a comment card)
*hands him a sticky note*
Me: Here, now go
(Everything is calm until a rather large woman comes up twenty minutes later and asks for the manager)
Lady: First, the Mexican rice looked Chinese.
(All the servers and waitresses just laughed quietly since we were at a Mexican restaurant and the rice is just fine)
Manager #1: What do you want me to do, change our entire recipe? *he then crosses his arms*
Lady: THAT’S AN AGRESSIVE STANCE!!!
Manager #1: How else do you want me to stand?” *He then props his hand up on the wall and continues listening
Lady: “ANOTHER AGGRESSIVE STANCE, AS A MANAGER YOU SHOULDN’T BE THAT AGGRESSIVE AND IM IN THIS BUSINESS TOO”
(At this point Manager #2 is clearly mad for being yelled at in front of everyone. Manager #2 hears from the other side of the restaurant the yelling and comes to investigate.)
Lady: “THE FOOD WAS NOT MEXICAN AND THIS GUY WAS CLAIMING TO BE THE MANAGER BUT I KNOW HE ISN’T!!!”
Manager #2: “This guys is the manager and is my brother, so if I you’re just going to make a fool of us in public, just leave.”
Lady: FINE THEN *goes running out of the room and heads to the door*
Waiter: “You forgot to pay”
Lady: “OK!” *turns around and slams $50 on my desk*
(We found out that the husband and son were embarrassed of the mom so they went to wait in their car. Sadly, we have customers like that all the time)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!