Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #191754

, , , | Unfiltered | April 11, 2020

I work at a grocery store bakery. One of our competitors offer chocolate, vanilla, and marble cakes, however we only have chocolate, yellow, and marble. Some customers can’t grasp that there is a difference between vanilla cake and yellow cake. One customer in particular comes in to order a cake. He’s maybe around my age, and is looking at the cakes very confused.
Me: Can I help you with something, Sir?
Customer: Yes…I need a cake.
Me: Okay, how big?
Customer: For like…20 people?
Me:Okay, what flavor?
Customer: What?
Me: What flavor of cake? We have chocolate, yellow, and marble.
Customer: Vanilla.
Me: We don’t have vanilla. We have chocolate, yellow, and marble.
Customer: What’s a yellow cake?
Me: A yellow cake is a white cake that still has the egg yolks in it, so it has a “dairy sweet” taste to it.
Customer (thinks for a moment): Oh, okay. And what’s a marble cake? Is that a mix of chocolate and vanilla?
Me: No, it is a mix of chocolate and yellow swirled on the inside.
Customer (points to cake that has a YELLOW CAKE sticker on it): Is this vanilla?
Me: No (points to sticker), this is a yellow cake.
Customer: Oh, so you don’t have vanilla cake?
Me: No, Sir.
Customer (contemplating): I’m going to have to think about this.

He leaves and never comes back. I have two to three conversations like this daily.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!