Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #190940

, , | Unfiltered | March 28, 2020

(I am 13 years old at the time. My aunt has just picked me up from school and wants a slushy, so we look for a place to get one. We find a convenience store near a gas station and go in to get some slushies.)

Aunt: *Looking through cups* Don’t they have any bigger cups?

Me: Go ask, maybe they’ll have something bigger.

*My aunt goes and asks an employee if there are bigger cups, and he goes into a cabinet to look for them. At this point, I’ve decided to get a drink instead, and I’m waiting for my aunt to get her slushy.*

Employee: I’m sorry, we don’t seem to have any bigger slushy cups at the moment. You can use one of our regular drink cups, though. *He hands my aunt one of the bigger drink cups.*

Aunt: *Looking at the cup and the price.* But this one will cost me more than the other one.

Me: Well, of course it will, it’s a bigger cup.

Aunt: But they’re charging me more for the cup and not the liquid.

*At this point she goes off on the employee, and I’m very clearly embarrased by this display. I eventually get fed up with her silliness.*

Me: Just use the cup!

Aunt: No. You can buy your drink, I’ll be outside.

*She hands me some money and walks out, leaving me in the store. I walk up to the counter and pay, apologizing for my Aunt’s behavior before I go. When I get in her car, she rants about the whole ordeal.*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!