Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #190582

, , | Unfiltered | March 24, 2020

(Customer comes in 1 minute before closing. Our store has a policy not to kick customers out, so she takes advantage of this and slowly shops until 20 minutes after closing, ignoring the PA announcement. She gets to the checkout and realizes she left her credit card in her car. She starts heading out, and both the cashier and I start to tell her the door she’s walking towards is locked.)

Me & Cashier: Ma’am, you need to go out the other way, that–

Customer: (Yelling loudly) I KNOW! (Continues walking the wrong way.)

Me & Cashier: But ma’am, we’re trying to tell you that door is locked, you need to go out the other way.

(Customer turns and goes out the right way, then returns with her card later. It’s now 25 minutes after closing, almost midnight, and we haven’t been able to start cleaning because of her. She pays for her stuff, then asks me to help her to her car, a service we always offer. No sooner do we step out the door than she starts ranting about the cashier.)

Customer: [Cashier] is so rude! She’s going to be fired if she doesn’t learn [store name]’s customer service policies!

Me: Well, she’s been working here much longer than I have, so I couldn’t say.

Customer: She’s rough, rude, and gay as a $3 bill!

Me: Well, ma’am, [store] doesn’t discriminate against sexual orientation.

Customer: I know! Because it’s a great company! But she’s just absolutely horrible and should be fired!

(She continues ranting about the cashier the entire time I’m unloading her groceries into her car. By the time I got back into the store, I was in shock.)

Me (to cashier): So…”customer is always right” my ass…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!