Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #190571

, , | Unfiltered | March 24, 2020

I am a cashier/order taker at a fast food restaurant and have been since I started college five years ago. I’ve also been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, which I find helps me deal with angry or moody customers, as I’m generally unaffected by any attitude they may have. Today, a seemingly normal older man enters and orders.
Man: I’d like a Reuben, medium drink, and onion rings. And senior discount.
Me: *as I punch in the order* We don’t have a senior discount, sir.
Man: *face contorts into the angriest glare I’ve ever seen* Yes, you do! I came in here last week and got it!
Me: *blinks in surprise, then hands him his drink cup* …No, you didn’t, sir. I’ve worked here for five years, and we’ve never had a senior discount. *reads back his order* And your total will be $11.03, today sir.
Man: *glare somehow gets angrier* That shouldn’t be more than $10! I got that price last week!
Me: …Well, there’s a change to up-size to a medium, and then an additional charge for the onion rings. And then tax on top of that. Some of our prices also went up recently.
Still glaring, he pays for his food and goes to eat in lobby. I passed him a few times as I was cleaning tables, and every time, he shot me the dirtiest, angriest look I’ve ever seen. Thankfully, he left without causing a fuss, but I can’t imagine what might have happened if he’d gone to one of the newer cashiers.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!