Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #190548

, , , | Unfiltered | March 23, 2020

I work for a popular retailer that, for whatever reason (I’m guessing strict laws and large fees), will not sell alcohol in any of its stores only in this particular state.

Customer: *Approaches me at the entrance of the store* “Excuse me, where’s your beer?”

Me: “I’m sorry but we don’t sell any alcoholic drinks here.”

Customer: “But your store on [street in same city] does, yeah?”

Me: “Actually, none of our stores sell any here in New Mexico.”

Customer: “You’re wrong. I just bought some at that store the other day!”

Me: *knowing this can’t be true but not wanting to call him wrong* “Well, I’m sorry. That’s a first I’ve heard of that.”

Customer: “Well, you just don’t know anything! I’m going back there [to the grocery section] to get some!” *Begins to walk towards back.”

Me: *being the person who’s worked grocery for years at multiple [store] locations and knows what we do and don’t have* “…I can assure you we don’t have any back there!”

Customer: *Storms back out the store.*

After that I checked with a manager just to make sure the policy hadn’t changed for specific stores but she assured me it was still in place throughout the state.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!