Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #190540

, | Unfiltered | March 23, 2020

Im checking out at the drugstore … there’s a couple at the till, a man behind them, then me

Male half of couple pulls his card out to pay.
Cashier: And what card is that? (she needs to know if it’s debit or credit)
Male: TD (as in the name of the bank who issued the card)
Cashier: I can see that but what Kind of card?
Male: blank stare
Cashier: what Kind of card?
Male: oh.. oh.. debit! (proceeds to use debit card )
Meanwhile, female half of the couple is on her phone, presumably waiting for him.
Transaction finally complete ..Female wants to ring through her make up separately
Female: (hands clerk item, still on the phone)
Finishes her call and starts rummaging through her purse for payment (which she could’ve been doing while we were all waiting on her idiot bf to figure out what card he was using)
Female pulls out her card…
Cashier: and what kind of card?
Female: TD (name of bank again )
Cashier: *blank stare* .. Yes, but what Kind of card?
Female: oh – debit!
Proceeds to swipe card. .. it gets declined
Female : oh wait I have another card!
*tries second card* Declined
Female: oh forget it! *starts walking away* … says to bf .. but I really NEED THAT! (It was eye lash glue .. a real necessity, I’m sure)
At this point we’ve been in line over 5 mins waiting on these idiots
Guy ahead of me walks up to cashier …She proceeds to apologize for his hold up, he says not to worry, buys his things, leaves.
Same procedure with me … Cashier apologizes again for my wait
Cashier: and people wonder why I have Grey hair! How many times do I have to ask what kind of card he’s using?!?
We have a giggle, finish my transaction and I head to the door
As I’m walking out, the merchandise detector sets off (I’ve bought make up which often sets off the anti theft devices if it isn’t scanned properly.)
I turn back to the cashier to see if she wants to re scan or look through my stuff
Cashier: *as she’s waving me off* No no, you’re good …. *pause * .. *looks left, then right, then, jokingly yells out … Start the car! Start the car! Go! Go! Go!

Lmao !! Was glad to see she wasn’t letting those yahoos ruin her day!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!