Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #190538

, , | Unfiltered | March 23, 2020

I am 18 years old and had just been promoted to supervisor at my store. I was working the closing shift from 3pm until midnight on a Saturday night. It is about 11:15 and a few gentlemen from my school walk in, all underage. In the state of California it is illegal to provide to a minor, purchase or consume alcohol if you are under the age of 21. Two of the three gentlemen that walk in I’m on cordial terms with. The last one is a jerk. He makes fun of me, picks on me etc. I’m a god guy at 6″1 and 275 pounds. I am just such a nice guy it gets me sometimes. Anyways, they walk around the store and go directly to aisle 14 and 15 (booze). They after about 10 minutes come over to the checkout line. For the story, customer one will be the jerk, customer 2 and 3 will be the others.

Me: How’s it going, tonight.

Customer 1: it’s Fine. Just these.

He has 3 handles and four racks or beer. He winks at me with a smirk on his face and his friends stand behind and watch.

Me: can I see you ID please?

Customer: you know I’m over 21. Don’t be like that.

Me: it is illegal for me to sell alcohol who cannot provide valid proof of age, especially with me having knowledge of who you are.

Customer 2: look it’s me dude. We’re cool.

Me: Just as illegal. Show me a real ID that tells me you are 21 and I will help you.

Customer 1: F*** you, you know I’m 21! I’ll kick your a**. Sell me these motherf****** you b****!

Me: you will calm down now or be asked to leave.

MY supervisor hears the commotion and begins to walk over. However, for some reason he decides to observe how I handle the situation. I take the alcohol and slide it down to my bagger who promptly puts it on the back on the shelf.

Customer 1: get back here. That’s my alcohol.

Me: It is not your alcohol. You haven’t paid and you are not of age to possess it. You will either leave now on your own or be taken out. It is 100% up to you. You have people waiting behind you and if you don’t leave, I will personally see to it that you are arrested.

He makes an attempt to grab me, but fails miserably as the another customer grabbed him. My supervisor calls the police and by the time they show up I’m fully prepared to file the police report although the customer flees. That being said the police still caught him as, he does go to school with me!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!