Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #190118

, , | Unfiltered | April 3, 2020

(I work at a well known department store and am standing at the register when this hispanic mother and her teenage daughter are pushing a cart out that has bagged items and a big vacuum cleaner in it. The alarm beeps so I ask for their receipt which they give me. I start looking through and I notice that the vacuum cleaner isn’t on there. I tell them this and the daughter ignores me, going through the bags until she finds a shirt with a sensor on it.)
Daughter: “It’s this that beeped.”
Me: “I see that and I’ll take the senor off. But first do you have a receipt for the vacuum?”
Daughter: “It’s on that one.”
Me: “Um, nope. It’s not here.”
(I read everything out-loud and showed her step by step, pointing to each item.)
Me: “See? Not on here.”
Daughter: “Well the lady rang it up and we paid for it.”
Me: “Okay, but as you can see it’s not on here…so do you want to buy it now?”
Daughter: “We already bought it! It must be a computer glitch because the woman rang it up and we bought it!”
(More customers get in line.)
Daughter: “Go help them first.”
Me: “Alright.”
(I picked up the vacuum and set it next to me at the register.)
Me: “I’ll just set this here until we get this fixed.”
(So while I’m helping the customer in line I call up my PIC (Person In Charge) and tell him to come up. Meanwhile the daughter is translating everything to the mother who seems confused. I show my PIC the receipt and tell him what happened, he goes through the SAME THING with them, repeating everything I just said while the daughter keeps saying it’s already been paid for. Finally the daughter says to just ring the d*** thing up again. So I do…)
Me: *Laughs* “Well, isn’t THAT interesting. One sec.”
(I call my PIC back up and tell him he needs to take them up to the customer service desk. Because yes the vacuum had been rung up…the daughter had taken a $26.24 bar-code from another item and stuck it on the vacuum. And I tell him this as if I’m in complete shock. He treated them the same and took them up to customer service to get the money back and buy it at it’s real price, which was $100. I knew the girl was giving me dirty looks while I was doing the transaction earlier, since I had caught what she had done, and found out that at the customer service area she kept glaring and mouthing off to my PIC. But the actually bought the vacuum so all’s well that ends well)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!