Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

19 Times Employees Had The Craziest First Day On The Job

| Right | April 14, 2021

Dear readers,

First days on the job are tough enough. Throw angry customers and those fueled by impatience and entitlement into the mix, and you have the recipe for a very stressful situation! In solidarity with anyone who has survived a particularly rough start to a customer-facing environment, we’ve gone through our archives to find nineteen stories about crazy first days on the job.

Consider these if you’re prepping for a retail job!

 

Trial By Hire – Well, as long as you’re being paid by the hour…

Welcome To Retail, Part 2 – It’s all downhill from here!

Worst. Advertising. Ever. – Hits from the comments: “Bad manager, even worse customers…”

No One Ever Said It Would Be Boring… – I love peaches, but a little less now.

Unobservant About The Unmentionables – How does she react to fathers with daughters?!

Beauty Is Only Emotion Deep – The next time someone tells me to smile I am going to bite them.

Weighs On Your Conscience And Your Scale – It’s too bad this customer also seems to be guilt-free.

No Manners For Minions – Hits from the comments: “Don’t they have data the upload into you robots before you start working?”

Don’t Have A Cow, Ma’am – Use those meaty ears to listen!

Respect The Bottom Line – Jerks like that probably don’t respect degrees, either.

Doesn’t Read Sign Language – Here, you can laugh as manically as you want at all the customers!

Acting Childish – It’s not children I dislike… it’s their parents.

What Would Jesus Discount?, Part 3 – Jesus didn’t give specific guidance on yelling at cashiers, but…

A Sign Of Things To Come – At least this one was polite.

Takes A Toll On The Soul – Some people have described their jobs as soul-sucking.

Lucky Dollar Thirteen – Hits from the comments: “She understood [the words you said], but since they weren’t what she wanted to hear, they weren’t relevant.”

The Sorry State Of Customer Service – Fingers crossed that this jerk learned something.

Playstation Depreciation – A sassy manager calms the most anxious employees.

Making A Good Call – Sometimes the newbies bring new skills to the table.

 

We hope you enjoyed this First-Day-On-The-Job-themed roundup! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups to check out if you liked this one:

10 Hilarious Stories About The Worst Job Interviews Ever!

 

23 Times Waitstaff Had To Deal With Customers From Hell

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!