Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #189017

, , | Unfiltered | March 9, 2020

(I was waiting on my last two tables before I start closing my section. One table has three teenage boys being slightly loud and annoying. The other table consists of a mother, father, two very polite twin boys about 4 years old, and a baby.I walk up to the table to ask the family if they want dessert, but hear the parents trying to get one of the boys to eat at least part of his burger.)
Me: (to the boy) You know, if you don’t eat your food, I get to.
(The parents chuckle and we start chatting. I ask the twins how old they are and find that their birthday is in a few days. We give a free scoop of birthday cake ice cream to guests that are celebrating their birthday, which gives me an idea.)
Me: (to the parents) If the boys behave and eat their food, I can get them each a free scoop of birthday cake ice cream for their birthday.
Mother: (to the twins) Did you hear that? If you both take three more bites, you can both have a scoop of ice cream.
(The boys start eating their main course and I go to check on my other table and do some more cleaning. After a bit, I go to see if the twins have been eating, which they have been.)
Me: Have you boys been behaving?
Boy 1: (pointing at the remaining half of his pizza) Look! I ate a lot!
Boy 2: (holding up the remaining half of his burger) I did too!
(I ask the parents if they would like me to get the twins ice cream, and they nod. I being the ice cream and the boys thank me. After they were finished, the father comes up to me and hands me a few bills.)
Father: Sorry that you had to deal with those kids. Thank you very much for your service tonight.
(He gave me a 30% tip!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!