Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #187801

, , , | Unfiltered | March 6, 2020

I work in an insurance office where we handle mostly commercial lines, but occasionally offer personal lines for high net worth clients. We have just sent a marketing email to a large number of business.

Caller: Hi, I wanted to know if you could quote on my home insurance.
Me: Certainly. I’ll need to take a few details so I can take them over the phone or send out a form for you to complete. Which would you prefer?
Caller: I don’t want to fill in any forms.
Me: Okay. That’s fine. I can take some details now. Can I start by taking your name.
Caller: *gives name*
Me: And your email address
Caller: You should have that. You already sent me an email.
Me: Okay. I’ll have a look through our mailing list later to get that.
*I go through other setails, like phone number and address*
Me: Great, thanks. Do you know the rebuild value of the property?
Caller: Why do you need that?
Me: Well, so the underwriter knows the level of risk they’re taking on.
Caller: I don’t want to give that to you.
Me: well, I can’t quote without all the info.
Caller: Okay. I’ll call back if I want a quote.

I don’t understand how he thought I could quote without knowing anything about his property.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!