Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #187703

, | Unfiltered | March 2, 2020

(So working the front desk at a busy hotel means dealing with all sorts of crazy people, on this particular day we had a guest come in who had just driven over 22 hours so get some special wood so he could make his own beds which he was planning on selling.)

Guest has just told me how much wood he intends to purchase the next day

Guest: Yeah I’m just planning on carrying it back in my van. Should bring me 10…15k at least.

Me: Sounds sweet… (looking at the van he just drove up in and thinking there is no WAY this is going to happen.)

Continue talking and find out the dudes from Cali, sweet, I suppose it should have been pretty obvious since he had the accent, the surfer look, and the slow drawl we all know and love. Asks me to hook him up with bud, no can do so he goes exploring. Fast forward to the next day after he goes to get his wood and returns (haha) empty handed.

Me: Haha so where’s all the wood? If you need a hand carrying anything I wouldn’t mind after I’m off?

Guest: is laughing and shaking his head

Guest: No man it wouldn’t fit. we tried everything but there’s just too much wood. I don’t know what I’m gonna do man. I need to get this back by next week. Let me pay for a few more days.

Me: Sure thing,

He pays and we continue talking about his options. He doesn’t have time or the resources to get it shipped, so the only other thing we can think of is to maybe buy a truck or trailer to haul it in. After looking up various vehicles we drive out on a 2h journey to go take a look at a nice little RV being sold. After buying it I drive his van back while he takes the RV.

after getting back;

Guest: Hey thanks a lot for all your help, I hate to ask for anything else but do you think there is any way you could watch over my van for a few months? I should be back out here on another trip and could pick it up then.

Me:….YES. Oh that is so not a problem. (manly giggles ensue)

Now keep in mind that this place is VERY busy, and usually the back door (which is up a pretty huge flight of stairs) is left open until I go to bed. Fast forward a couple weeks later.

I’m in front of the building sitting at a big red picnic table with 4 SMOKING hot French girls. Playing sociables (you might know it as Kings Cup?) and drinking pretty heavily.

Suddenly from INSIDE the building this tiny blond (for lack of a better word were just going to call her a crack whore.) BARGES through the front door.

Now I know that I never checked her in, I look to my coworker who’s been manning the desk all night, and he shakes his head in bafflement. This lady CHARGES out the building and walks right beside us. She has some problems with the front gate but eventually gets it open all the while just screaming the same name over and over again.

Now we never had problems like this either before or since, but it wasn’t until I sobered up that I realized she had been screaming the name of this dude who left the van.

Maybe not the funniest, but definitely one of the most random things to ever happen at work.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!