Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #187182

, , , | Unfiltered | March 14, 2020

I used to be a regular at a game store owned by one man and two women. Often one of the women would be the only worker in the store, and clearly standing or sitting behind the counter with the cash register. Even during lulls there would generally be a few people (almost always male) sitting around playing some game or other. (Note: I am male.)

With regularity, someone would come in, ignore the person behind the counter, and ask their question of the guys sitting at a table playing a game. It even happened to me once when I was chatting with both of the aforementioned women, who were behind the counter, while I was on the customer side–and that was when the store was busy and you’d think someone could figure out that the people behind the counter were the people working!

It also happened to me when I and the male owner were the only two people in the store, but that time he was behind a wall and not visible from the front door. (I was also better dressed than he was, but he was of the view that if someone wasn’t going to buy from him because he looked scruffy, he didn’t want their business anyway.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!