Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #187075

, | Unfiltered | February 27, 2020

(I work as a receptionist at a massage spa. We’re a membership-based business, and though we do allow walk-ins, we rarely have openings available when someone without an appointment comes in looking for a massage. It’s about three in the afternoon and my only opening remaining for the day is at seven. A woman walks in and I greet her at the desk.)

Me: Hi, what can I do for you today?

Her: I want a massage.

Me: Great, my next opening will be at 7:00, would you like to book that time?

Her: I specifically asked my concierge to find me a place with openings right now.

Me: Well unfortunately I am booked up for the next few hours. Would you like me to check with one of our other locations to see if they have any openings around this time?

Her: Where are your other locations?

Me: We have one in ___ about 10 minutes from here, one in ___ a little further away, and one at the mall.

Her: I’m not from here, I don’t know where those places are.

Me: Well we do have [Competitor] just up the street from us, I can look up their phone number and you can give them a call.

Her: (stares at me for a few seconds) You know what, I’ll just figure it out myself.

Me: Alright! Have a great day.

She walks out and sits in her car for 15 minutes before driving away.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!