Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #187053

, , , | Unfiltered | February 26, 2020

(It’s early evening and my manager and I are on the till while two male colleagues are in the warehouse. The store I work for has you pick items out of a catalogue)
Customer: Do you have one of these in stock?
Me: *after checking* Sorry, no, it’s worth noting that a number of [brand] tools are order for next day collection so please look out for [marker] in our catalogue.
(The customer comes back with another code for a high value item)
Me: OK, since this is a high value item from a big brand, I would recommend registering it for warranty, it just backs up your receipt in case you lose it and on top of the 30 days we offer [brand] offers a complementary collect and repair service for a year.
(He eventually does sign up and the process goes as normal, but during the payment his friend starts to ask me questions about what I said, the chip and pin machine beeping way too often raises a red flag.)
Me: Hold on!
(The ‘customer’ has already input a number and an expiry date and taken the card. I immediately decline it.)
Customer: Sorry, I entered the wrong PIN too many times.
Me: I’m sorry sir, but you need the PIN to buy this item by card.
Customer: But you have a signing section on your slip!
Me: Yes, but due to incidents in other branches I am not allowed to. I’ve declined the transaction but I’m happy to try again.
Customer: I want to make sure you didn’t charge me regardless.
Me: I assure you I haven’t, but there’s a petrol station across the road. They have a cash machine.
(The two leave)
Manager: Well done, give me the details you took down for me.
(I do so, and he went to check CCTV, turned out the customer was using his friend to distract me while he entered a manual card number he had on his phone, which is a form of payment fraud! Needless to say, the instant we realised it every store in our district was tipped off.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!