Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #187020

, , | Unfiltered | February 24, 2020

(I work at a pharmacy/ general store near my house. I usually work behind the register closest to the door, so i get asked about where certain products are. I am also the guy who has to deal with all the refunds. On this day, a old lady and a little girl walk in together. I greet them, and they go on their way. A few minutes later they are at my register.)

Me: “Hello, how are you?”

Old Woman: “I’m good, thank you. I’d like to buy these.”

She hands me a box of tampons.

Me: “One moment please.”

I scan her item, and hand it to her. She pays in full, and the old woman, takes the girl, who I’ve assumed to be her daughter with her.

Four days later, the women return, clearly angry. They approach me.

Old Woman: “I’d like a refund.”

She holds up the box, with has been opened. We have a strict policy for not refunding opened items.

Me: “I’m sorry, I can’t give you refunds on used items.”

Old Woman: “Your goddamn faulty products got my daughter pregnant!”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Old Woman: You heard me, you son of a b****! These tampons didn’t stop my daughter from getting pregnant.”

By now the whole store is hearing what the lady is saying, and a few of the women on line are laughing quietly.

Me: “I’m sorry ma’am, but tampons don’t stop pregnancy.”

Old Woman: What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to bulls*** me?”

Me: “No, I’m serious. Tampons are for your periods. If you wanted a contraceptive, I would’ve gladly help you out.”

The woman is clearly embarrassed now, since the whole store is laughing at her.

Old Woman: *whisper* “Where are the contraceptives?”

Me: “Aisle three, by the tampons.”

The woman quickly hurries off, and grabs the birth control pills.

Old Woman: “I’m so sorry.”

Me: “It’s alright.”

The lady pays, takes her daughter and runs out the door. My coworkers and I start laughing, and one of the female employees said, “She was a woman right? How did she not know what tampons are?”

Me: “I don’t know, but at least her daughter knows what to look for.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!