Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #186968

, , | Unfiltered | February 22, 2020

(I work at a tribal casino in the midwest of America. The casino is owned and ran by the tribal elders and the people they decide to put in charge of management. Today someone related to a manager or elder was given a free stay at the hotel for a ceremony they are having during the weekend; keep in my mind most people related to management feel self entitlement like we owe it to them; and this one decided to call drunk. So this is a dialogue of the 5th time he called us bugging us about food.)

(I answer the phone stating the company and my name)

Caller: Hey this is (first and last name) im (tribal member)’s brother, i have a free room tonight all comp’d by my brother you know him (repeats his and his brothers name again); but i ain’t gonna show up unless i know there is food for me i’m hungry, and i need free food.

ME: I’m sorry sir i’m not sure what you mean, this is the hotel and I see we do have your room payed for and set up by the general manager. What do you mean food for you?

Caller: Well i’m (repeats his brothers name for the 25th time today like i must know who either of them are.) I have a free room all paid for, but they need to get me my food for free.

Me: I understand that you have a free room sir, this is a hotel though; If you were to get coupons for food it would have to be from management or at the casino itself where the restaurants are, we don’t have food coupons or vouchers here at the hotel to give out like that.

Caller: well i already called and tried to get some but no one would let me. Do you know my brothers number?

(i had already tried transferring him multiple times before this last call occurred; hoping someone else could help answer his redundant drunken stupor of questions.)

Me: Sir? (starting to get irritated) how would i possibly know your brothers phone number? I just work at the hotel front desk; and your brother has nothing to do with the casino or hotel at all; so i’m not sure how he could help you get any food vouchers.

Caller: (asking the same question for his brothers number again but with louder tone) Do you know who (brothers name) is??? Im his brother and i’m hungry i need to call him. They always did it before so just do it for me now.

Me: Sir i don’t care if you & your brother are the president and first lady; we don’t give food coupons out at our hotel. Because We don’t serve food.
(!!!CLICK!!!)
(i hung up on him, surprisingly he never called us back)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!