Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #186904

, , | Unfiltered | February 17, 2020

(A little background: the customer is a woman, someone who lives in my neighborhood and gave my dad serious trouble when he was the president of the HOA with nit picky and very anal things. While she comes off as nice and pleasant, it’s hard not to take without a grain of salt because of everything else. And this was my own personal taste of it.)

Customer: “Oh a familiar face, good.”
Me: “Hi, how’s it going?”
Customer: “Good, so forgive me I forgot your name.”
Me: “It’s all good, it’s Anna.” (pronounced like the Princess from Frozen, and she knows this, she’s met me many times before and I always tell people I’m ‘Princess Anna’. But I still say it with my customer service cheer.)
Customer: “Oh of course, how are you doing?”
Me: “I’m doing pretty good, what can I help you with?”
Customer: “I need to get some things printed but I don’t want to pay for them.”
Me: “Okay..?”
Customer: “I got a coupon because I spent hundreds on ink here and I wanted to use it.”
Me: “Oh, okay sure.”
(Our store offers Rewards on everything and especially on ink, it’s 2% back of your purchase, it’s like a gift card, so it’s not a big deal, however if they don’t have the reward bar-code on them when they want to use it, we can’t really do anything and I told her this after we took about ten minutes trying to figure out her account. It was not connected the right way and there is nothing in store we can do it about.)
Customer: “Well, let me talk to someone who can do something, a manager.” *I call him over the radio and he talks to her and at her request calls the closed corporate office to see if anything can be done, but nothing really can at the moment, but he says we’ll take care of it and I do her copies, which is about $20, color copies cost a lot, and I told her that before she got them.*
Customer: “So Anna,” *pronounced wrong* “Are you registered to vote?”
Me: “Sure am.”
Customer: “So who are you voting for?”
Me: *knowing I shouldn’t but she is a neighbor, who should also know better than to ask, I tell her about my want to vote for the most ‘socialist’ candidate*
Customer: “So you want everything for free?” *said incredulously*
Me: “No, that’s not actually how it works.” *said patiently*
Customer: “Well it’s socialist to want free things.”
Me: “Yeah that’s not how socialism works.”
*she starts off about socialism and free things being awful and I tune her out and finish up her copies, and I’m getting ready to get her all rung up, because usually we just charge them and then they come back in with their Rewards and we refund things and use the rewards so it essentially doesn’t cost them anything in the end, and I figured that’s what we’d do again, but no she was expecting to just walk out with her copies no charge and after talking to the manager she did. She walked out with her free copies after being in a tizzy about things being free.*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!