Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #186502

, | Unfiltered | February 10, 2020

(I worked at a 24/7 gas station which also served burgers. A man in his 20’s walks in, obviously high on something. Bloodshot eyes, slurred words, you name it. But he doesn’t seem aggressive or unpredictable, so I proceed to serve him.)

Customer: “What’s, like, the biggest burger you have?”

Me: “It’s [burger], would you like a meal?”

Customer: (pauses for a full minute) “…yeah”

Me: “Okay, anything else?”

Customer: “…nah” (throws a 20€ on the counter and walks away to a seat)

(I make the burger and serve it to him with the change he never took at the transaction. To my amusement, his eyes go extremely wide seeing the pretty impressive burger. A while later, I notice he’s sleeping on top of the half-eaten burger, which is when I decide he needs to get home to sleep off whatever he’s on.)

Me: (waking the customer up) “Hey, look, you can’t sleep here.”

Customer: *something unintelligible with an angry undertone*

Me: “Look, you have two choices. Either I’ll call a cab or the police to pick you up. Which one would you prefer?”

Customer: *panicking* “Cab!”

(I called the cab and proceeded to pack his leftovers for him to take home. The next day, much to my amusement, I got a call from my supervisor telling me some man wanted to compliment “the most amazing burger” I had made.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!