Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #186253

, , | Unfiltered | February 20, 2020

i run my own booth at conventions and dont mind haggeling with customers

Customer: starts opening her backpack and asks “would you trade something for this copy of twilight?” The customer pulls out this ratty copy and tries to hand it to me.

Me: “no thanks I don’t really like twilight”

Customer: “what how come I really want to trade”

Me: “sorry but I prefer books that are good.” A second costumer starts snickering nearby.

Customer: starts pulling out 2nd book in worse shape. “then how about breaking dawn”

Me: “not really helping your case” the customer scampers off and we joke about it with the customer that had been laughing.

The next day I have a group of people looking around in front of me and I hear a voice from the back asking their friend “hey I wonder if they would barter?”

Me: “yes you can barter”

2nd customer “it’s not a wise bartering tactic to let people know they can barter”

Me: “thats true but it’s better to make something then nothing” he nods and goes back to browsing. I finally see the person that had asked the question and it was the same girl that tried to trade me her books.

Customer: “this is my first time bartering”

Customers friend: “that’s right so she’s level 1 at battering” and she starts giggling.

Customer: “how much is this?”

Me: “those are normally $12 or 2 for $20.”

Customer: “will you take $7 for it”

Me: “How about $10?”

Customer: “How about $5?” Her friend starts laughing

Me: “uhh how about $9?”

Customer: “$5.50”

Me: “umm no, back to $10”

Customers friend: “you should just take the $9”

Customer: “$5.50”

Me: “How about this $9 and you don’t have to pay sales tax if you pay with cash.” (note if anyone pays in cash I don’t charge sales tax because I don’t keep change and it’s to much of a hassle)

Customer “$5.50”

Customers friend: “just take the $9 with no tax already your such a noob” with that both me and her friend start laughing and she finally agrees. She hands me a $20 bill and says, “remember you agreed to $9.”

Me: “I know I’m good to my word once an agreement is made.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!