Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18610

Unfiltered | March 4, 2017

This took place a few years ago. My husband and I took our three young children to visit a mountain about 4 hours away from home and then we were to spend some time with an acquaintance whom we ‘met’ after they sold us some hens some time ago.

The ascend was rather scary and the descend was even scarier. However we cleared the steepest part of the mountain descent and being clueless city folk, shifted to 2-wheel drive instead of carrying on in all wheel drive.

We unfortunately skidded and almost flew off the cliff but by a miracle managed to swerve and hit the embankment on the other side. Amidst the smoke and 3 crying children, we managed to pull everyone out and waited at the side of the road. To make things worse, my mobile phone had no coverage and the battery was almost flat.

As it wasn’t a peak season, no one passed us. It was about an hour before a couple from another state drove down and stopped. They immediately offered their mobile phone to us to call the ambulance and police and stayed with us to reassure us. My son and my husband were visibly hurt and bruised and all of us were very shaken.

The police and ambulance came and the paramedics were really good to us. The policeman ferried me and my baby (who was the least hurt) to the hospital to meet up with the others after waiting for the tow truck to turn up.

Then the hospital staff allowed me to charge my phone so that I could ring my friends who were wondering what had happened to us. They came quickly to pick all of us up after we were checked by the doctors and provided a warm and safe place to stay the night. They also helped to facilitate a hire car and arrange insurance matters the next morning so we could go home.

I never got to thank the couple who stopped and loaned us their phone. Nor the amazing first responders and police. We are so grateful for our friends who opened up their home for a family they barely knew.

My son and my husband are all healed now and there was no long lasting damage. We lost our car but gained so much love and kindness from strangers!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!