Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18608

Unfiltered | March 2, 2017

I was visiting a bookstore at night. It wasn’t that late, maybe around 7-8pm or so, and I went out because I felt like going for a walk, and I’d been told Taiwan was a pretty safe place. Plus being so close to a university I figured it would be alright.

While I was looking at some stationery this man came up to me – he was wearing a wifebeater and shorts and looked to be about 50 years old or so. He started talking to me, asking if I was in university, and where I was from. Since I was in Taiwan to study Chinese, I was excited to get a chance to practice what I’d learned so far. So I told him I was in the local university’s chinese study program and that I was an international student. We exchanged some pleasantries about what I was doing in a bookstore, then he wished me luck with my studies and I moved away to look at other things since I thought we’d finished talking.

That was when things got a bit weird. He followed me then started telling me I was pretty, and asked how old I was. Then he asked if I had a boyfriend. I got a bit nervous and was panicking a little, so I unthinkingly answered. Then he kept telling me how I was really cute and that he didn’t have a girlfriend, then asked where do I live and how often I came to the bookstore around this time.

I got really scared and wanted to get away from him, but the bookstore was pretty small and kind of deserted, and he had cornered me at the back. The aisle was pretty narrow too and I couldn’t move around him. His voice was getting louder because I didn’t answer his questions, when all of a sudden a younger man appeared out of nowhere and started a conversation with him.

I have no idea what they were talking about but the younger guy managed to shift him around enough while talking that I was able to just barely shift past, and basically kept him occupied with talking until I was able to get out of there. I have no idea who he is, but whoever you are, sir, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You saved me from a terrifying experience, and restored my faith that there are still wonderfully kind men out there. Thank you.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!