Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18551

Unfiltered | October 2, 2016

I’m just starting my first semester of university and having to take a train and bus route to the school. It’s my first time using public transport like this and on top of that, on a Saturday – when they have a different schedule. We made it to the train fine and up to the bus stop where we (my dad, stepmom and I) board and begin talking about how we need to time things.

Me: So I have three classes at (location #1) and one class in the middle of all these at (location #2). So if we go from the center to (location #1) then back up to (location #2) we can be back at the stop to make it in time for the 4’oclock train.

Bus driver: Well, I’m actually on detour today. So I’ll be going right behind (location #1) and the dorms behind there. I won’t be going near the center stop again.

Me: Oh! Alright. Thank you for that!

Fast forward to him driving us to the university. None of us knew to pull the line to stop the bus, but he stops at the center anyway.

Me to my dad: Oh, was I supposed to pull on that?

Bus driver: Yes, you are. But it’s ok,I knew you were getting off here. Just remember that for when you start school.

We all thank him and get off, going around the university campus so I can figure everything out. We go backwards and find (location #2) first then head to (location #1), find my classes and head out behind it. The three of us find a place to sit, unsure if it’s right as there’s no real stop sign for the bus, hoping that the driver is the same and will just stop a little bit past us. Sure enough, right as we decide this the bus pulls up on the road, going just past us and stops.

My dad: Thanks!

Bus driver: No problem. Out of curiosity, when’s your last class?

Me: It was at 9:20pm, but the last bus leaves at 9:30pm so I switched it to make sure I didn’t miss the bus. My latest is at 3:30pm now.

Bus driver: Yea, you would have missed every bus! Being stranded up here at 9:30 at night all the time. Another young girl was in the same boat so hopefully she was able to figure hers out too.

We all smile at the kind driver and take our seats after thanking him. As we’re talking about everything we notice he’s honking at someone. I look over and see a girl standing at the bus stop that now won’t be stopped at due to the detour. Her headphones are in so she doesn’t hear the bus. As he rounds the corner, he pulls to the side and stops, gets off the bus and walks over to the corner, waving at the girl. He then gets back into the bus, waiting for the girl who gets on and thanks him then takes her seat! Not only was he a HUGE help to my family and I, he made sure everyone was taken care of. We couldn’t have thanked him enough!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!