Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18550

Unfiltered | October 1, 2016

When I was a child, I was sometimes extremely mature and educated but had no social skills. Things like this happened a lot was when I was 5. I came in with my own snacks and non-fiction books and walked to a quiet corner reading. I remember (or some of it is they told told me) that many kids came up to me but I always ignored them and just read. When it came to snack time, the rest of them were given cookies and other sugary things. I ate my own fruit and saltine crackers and refused them. One of the carers told me I should be more social so I shared my book with someone, they didn’t like it and gave me toys. I didn’t like that so was alone again. Sometimes the carers would give us worksheets but many of them were coloring or connect the dots so I didn’t like it. Eventually another carer gave me a boggle worksheet, that definitely made me happy and I’d get one all the time after that. Other times the carers had us draw. I would only do pencil sketches and tried to be as detailed and accurate as possible. Another carer gave me a Rubic’s Cube, although I never managed to solve it, I would try on end. Another carer gave me an origami book and before long the floor next to me was littered with all sorts of paper critters and such. And so on…the carers would always give me puzzles and logical things to do. I would love to thank all of them back then for acknowledging me for being me and accepting my habits. I read a lot of stories on this website of adults treating advanced children poorly.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!