Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18545

Unfiltered | September 29, 2016

One time I met up with a buddy and we rode our bikes to a local public park to hang out. We get there, and there are a whole bunch of guys kneeling and praying on either side of the path. Since there was no way around them, I got off my bike and walked through them. Then we get to the picnic area, which has been taken over by one guy and a whole bunch of food. There’s a big soup pot boiling on the firepit, with lots of firewood to spare. There were cases of water bottles, homemade candy, bite-size candy bars, cheetos, and melons scattered all around.

Not two minutes after we get there the other men finish their meditation and come up the path to the point. A few of them come up to us and start offering us food. I took a really gooey candy made from filo pastry and icing one guy presented on a platter, it was so sweet I had to drink half my water bottle along with it. Another guy was pouring cheese puffs into my buddy’s hat and a third was piling handfuls of mini chocolate bars on the ground beside us. They would not have taken no for an answer. Then after we’ve been sitting there hanging out for around 20 minutes, another one comes over with two iced sodas and asks if we want a cold drink.

One of the men told me they meditate 5 times a day, and that day (it was aug. 30th) was special so they were gathering in the park. There were 14 of them plus a kid, and some of the most friendly, generous and accommodating people I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting by chance.

Their religion?

Islam.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!