Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18536

Unfiltered | August 26, 2016

(It’s my first day at a new school. I have been at the same incredibly conservative, Catholic school all of my life and this is the first year I get to go to public school. I am a day late as some forms got messed up and I was registered late. I am escorted to my homeroom by the guidance counselor and introduced to the class. I am painfully shy and I don’t know anybody. I am also worried about finding a place to sit at lunch. Then out of the blue, a tall girl comes up to meet with a smile.)

Girl: “Hi! I’m [Name]! I know being new can be kinda scary but you can sit with me and my friends at lunch.”

(She then shows me to my first class and I meet a bunch of nice people throughout the day. I can’t find her table at lunch as the cafeteria is similar in size to a football field. I sit at another table, but the next day I sit with her and her friends. I am worried about conversation until I see all of their henna. They are from Sri Lanka and I get to show off the ones I did the day before. I end up becoming best friends with the girl and one of her close friends. That summer I became a little suicidal because of family matters and self- loathing in general. One day I texted her and somehow, without even meaning to she made me forget about how horrible I felt. Three days before school starting, I almost slit my wrists because one of my parents abandoned my family for good. I told her this and some of the things I’d been feeling. We texted almost non-stop for hours after that. When we stopped, I no longer wanted to hurt myself. I felt like someone really cared about me, and that I could have a happy life. This girl saved me from what would have been a horrible mistake, all through being kind to me, and telling me I was worth it even when I didn’t feel like it. The girl saved my life.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!