Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18528

Unfiltered | August 13, 2016

A few years ago I was living with my best friend and one of his classmates from a local collage. My boyfriend and I always had our days off from work together and this week it happened that both of my roommates were off too. We’ll my best friend (the Eagle Scout) has the bright idea of a day trip canoing down Spring River. He was the only one who had ever been and convinced us 1st timers that it was easy. We take our roommate’s car, drive down, rent our canoes, putting all important items, i.e. car keys cell phones and money into waterproof bags and off we go.

We are in the water for about 5 minutes before my boyfriend and I tip over. Cue five minutes of collecting ourselves and getting back in. This happens to us a couple more times and we laugh it off as part of the fun. Then of course my bestie and roommate’s canoe does eventually tip. Well, we though we were being smart giving the Eagle Scout(!) the very important bags with all of out lives in it. The genius had forgotten to tie the bag to the boat and waterproof or not that sucker was gone.

So after we search for about an hour we decide to continue on to the picnic area that was the pick up spot for the canoes. We get there and explain what happened to the shop owner and the only thing he can tell us is that apparently we are idiots.

Then we met our Angel, Miss Angie. She let’s us use her phone and nobody will drive down to get us until the next day and all locksmiths are closed. And since most of our money was at the bottom of the river they probably wouldn’t come anyway.

So we either are going to break the car window and sleep inside or try and find a comfy spot on the ground. Ms. Angie hears us debating our options and immediately says get “Get in the truck, we’re going to Walmart!” Being in rural Arkansas we were a bit nervous, but as there were 4 of us we go as long. She buys us hot dogs and buns, marshmallows, blankets, even toothbrushes. We go back to the campground by the canoe rental and find her son has pitched us their tent and is chopping firewood for us! We had a really wonderful camping weekend instead of the day trip we planned on all because a nice lady saw us in trouble. When she came by to retrieve her tent the next day we asked how to pay her back, but to the best of my knowledge none of us ever managed to find her again.

So where ever you are Angie, we wanna be like you!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!