Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18513

Unfiltered | July 28, 2016

(I have just returned from a four-day vacation only to receive a call from my bank that my credit card information was stolen. The first representative I speak with informs me that he has canceled the card, and it will take 5-7 business days for the replacement card to be sent to my residence. Because he doesn’t give me another shipping option, I nonchalantly finish the call, only to realize that not having a credit card for a week severely hinders my ability to pay bills. I call the bank back and get a new representative on the other line.)

Me: “Hi, so I recently had my credit card canceled due to fraud, and I was told it would take 5-7 business days to get the new one. Is there any way possible to expedite the process and have the card come more quickly?”

Representative: “Unfortunately, since we have already closed down the card and requested a replacement, we cannot rush it to you. If you wanted the card quicker, you would have needed to request it.”

Me: “I understand, and that is completely my fault. The option was not offered to me, and I didn’t think to ask. I’m really sorry for the hassle – it’s just that my situation is kind of dire.”

Representative: “…Tell you what. Let me put you on a brief hold to see if I can get into the system and change the shipping information for you.”

Me: “Thank you! I appreciate it.”

(I am put on hold. A couple of minutes later…)

Representative: “Okay, so unfortunately, the system will not allow me to change the shipping information manually. But I will send an email out requesting that the replacement get processed in 2-3 business days and then get rushed out to you as soon as possible. Will that be okay?”

Me: “Yes! Thank you so, so much. I really appreciate it.”

(It wasn’t a perfect solution, but the fact that the representative went out of her way to help me out reinforced my faith in humanity for that day!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!