Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18495

Unfiltered | June 28, 2016

(During my first year of college, I was still working out the kinks of living on my own for the first time. The closest grocery store was on the opposite side of town from my dorm. I didn’t have a car or a licence, I didn’t know the other girls in my dorm all that well, and I often bought a lot at once so that I could make fewer trips. On one particular outing, I’m walking home with two bags crammed full of supplies. I’m 4’11” and 110 lbs, definitely on the scrawny side. Every time I make it a block, I have to put my bags down and rest my burning arms for a while.)

Him: Hey, do you need help with those?

(I turn and there’s someone watching me from his house on the other side of the road. I’m really shy around strangers, but I’m also the kind of person who finds it difficult to say no when people are offering things.)

Me: I’ll be fine; I just need a break.

Him: You sure? I could give you a ride if you’d like.

Me: Are…are you sure I won’t be any trouble?

Him: Don’t worry about it; hop in. I’ll get you where you’re going.

Me: O…okay. Thanks!

(I did with just a little hesitation. He drove me straight to the dorm and even offered to help carry my bags in. I thanked him, but said I could make it on my own from there. I never saw him again, but I’ll always be grateful to the stranger who helped out a young lady still learning how to make it on her own.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!