Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18480

Unfiltered | June 18, 2016

(As a kid I got bullied a lot by the guys around my age in my neighborhood. A lot of it stemmed from when three of them had a ramp set up that had them jump into the traffic of our private road. They had nearly crashed into our car with my parents inside, so my dad took the wood for the ramp away. They proceeded to bully me from 6th grade to 9th grade, calling me a b**** and a w****, ringing the door bell, etc. One day on the bus one of them is giving me a hard time in 9th grade, when a friend spoke up.)

Friend: Why are you giving her a hard time? She’s been cool.

Neighbor kid: Her dad stole our ramp, and kept it for a couple of months.

Me: You almost crashed into our car though! That was when you were in 7th grade!

Neighbor kid: Still doesn’t make up for it, we bought the wood ourselves and your dad stole it.

Friend: Wait, you’ve been giving her h*** because of something her dad did 3 years ago? That isn’t cool man. She didn’t do it, it wasn’t her fault.

(The neighbor kid fell silent and tried to think of something to say. While he partly apologized, I wish I had thanked the friend better. He was part of a different social group and everything, but calling that kid out stopped years of them harassing me, name calling, and more. If it had continued longer I don’t know if I would have been able to survive sophomore year. I doubt he’ll ever read this but.. thank you for helping a tiny nerd girl.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!