Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18473

Unfiltered | June 11, 2016

I am in my mid-twenties, attending a camping music festival with my boyfriend since I was a teen. Our relationship has gradually deteriorated, escalating from him cheating to verbally and physically abusing me. I’ve stupidly stayed with him, believing it’s my fault, and that he’ll change.

While camping late at night, i catch him talking on the phone to yet another girl he’s cheating on me with. We argue, he clocks me in the face for “being nosy”, and storms off to get drunk for the night. I sob myself to sleep.

In the morning, I find a note in my shoe outside our tent. I’m filled with dread, assuming it’s from one of our angry neighbors who was kept awake by the fight. Then I read this:

Stranger: I’m so sorry for what you’re going through.
I want you to know, nobody who claims to love you would ever talk to you or treat you the way you were treated last night. You have a beautiful soul, and this is not your fault. Please leave him, and find someone who truly deserves you.

I immediately packed up and left, leaving him stranded, and never spoke to him again. To the writer of the note – you will never know what you did for me that day. Thank you for saving my life.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!