Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #184531

, | Unfiltered | February 2, 2020

Customer: This item is not what it was supposed to be, I checked it on-line and it isn’t worth what I paid for it… I want a refund.

Me: Okay that’s fine, I just need your receipt.

Customer: I don’t have a receipt and I want a refund, it was a gift and it’s my consumer rights to get a refund, I will call trading standards as this was labelled as designer and it isn’t.

Me: Okay but I didn’t label it, or price it, or sell it and you don’t have a receipt which will make my till £19.99 down at the end of the day which makes it look like I’ve taken it or lost it because our system doesn’t accept a random receipt for a refund…

Customer: I want a refund I’ll sit here all night if I have to I’m not leaving without one, I bought it as a gift so I don’t have a receipt…

After back and forth for about an hour a panic attack as I have anxiety and me having to make about 5 unanswered phone calls I eventually had to give in and give her a refund just to get her out of the shop, all of the other customers left and she had her kid and husband stand there who looked completely mortified… she was told not to come back for abusing my volunteer and told us we are rude.

Retail…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!