Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18419

Unfiltered | April 17, 2016

Having been at Disneyland for three days at this point. My wife and I are tired, and we are running low on money. At the end of our third day at Disneyland we are waiting for my wife’s parents outside of Radiator Springs. Our two year old was very tired, and as a result was increasingly hyper. To occupy her my wife took her into a small shop to look around.

Daughter: Oh my goodness! *running over to a display of Mater cars* Mom, can I have one of these?

Wife: No baby, we don’t have any money for those.

Daughter: *gasping and running to another display of stuffed characters*, Mom look!, can I have one of those?

Wife: *beginning to feel the wear of the day* no, we don’t have money for those.

(This goes on for a few more minutes, my wife is tired, and as my daughter begins to realize that she probably won’t be getting a toy she becomes sad. Finally, it is time to go and my wife grabs my daughters hand to lead her out of the store. At this point my daughter is crying.)

Random Stranger: *kneeling in front of daughter* Honey would you like to take this Mickey home? He is very lonely, and he needs a good home.

Daughter: *taking the Mickey doll* yes, I will take very good care of him!

Random Stranger: It makes so happy that you said that, he needs someone who cares about him.

Wife: *as she is walking out with our daughter* are you sure?

Random Stranger: yes, everyone should have a Mickey Mouse.

(it wasn’t a huge act, but it did make my daughter content for the rest of the night. Even when we had to leave and go back to the hotel, she was very happy playing with her new Mickey Mouse doll. To this day he has a special place in her play room – and all because of the random kindness of a stranger.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!