Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18413

Unfiltered | April 9, 2016

During a Saturday, mid-morning adventure to Wally world to get some cable for our computers, my only male roommate, one of three, and I were barely two streets into the neighborhood, when a car rounded a corner, with a stop sign, and didn’t stop. This was nothing new, that road is infamous for people not stopping at that sign.
We bitch a bit about stupid drivers and continue down the road a few feet, when we notice a car stopped in the road ahead of us, a girl halfway out of the car, and a little, brown puppy, wandering down the double yellow line. My roommate stops the car and puts it in park.

Roommate: “Get out and see if you can get it to come to you, I don’t want it to get hit, people drive like maniacs on this road.”

I had already been fighting to urge to get out and get it, so given the green light, I open my door, get out, and crouch down to the puppy’s level as far as I can.

Me: “Come here, baby. Come here, come here, good baby.”

No hesitation, it comes trotting up to me and I scoop it up, looking up to glance at the car in front of us, wondering if this was their dog, only to see it speed away. Okay, the puppy didn’t come from there, so my roommate goes across the street to the only house where people seem to be awake to see if the puppy was theirs.

Turning around, so the puppy and I wouldn’t be exposed to the chilly spring air, I see a car coming up behind us and, as my roommate tells me later, it’s the car that almost hit us at the stop sign.

The woman in the car is gesturing to me, so I approach her, the puppy still in my arms, and lean down to speak through her open window.

Me: “Yes, ma’am?”

Woman: “That’s my dog, that’s Cody. You found her.”

Me: “This is your puppy?”

Woman: “Yes, that’s her. Where did you find her?”

Me: “Oh good.”

I hand her the puppy and she holds her close, looking so relieved. I stand up and shout to my roommate.

Me: “It’s her dog!”

Roommate: “You found the owner? Good!”

I turn my attention back to the woman because she then asks me again.

Woman: “Where did you find her?”

Me: “On this road, walking down the double yellow line.”

Woman: “Thank you, I was looking for her.”

She waves good bye and goes back down the street while I get back in the car with the roommate. We continue on our way to the mart of walls, happy to know the puppy was safe and back with her owner.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!