Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18407

Unfiltered | April 6, 2016

(I was dropping into a fast food place to purchase food for my family. I had a really bad day at work, but was focusing on being polite, smiling, and generally trying not to pass my bad mood onto others. The rest of the restaurant is empty besides the drive-thru, and the employees are boisterous and loudly joking to one another.)

Me: Hi, uh, can I order [meal combo that feeds three]?

Cashier: Sorry, what was that?

Me: *speaks a little louder this time* I just wanted [meal combo] for three.

(While I see the other employees gathering my food into the box it comes in, I receive a text message. My phone loudly plays the noise Transformers make from the 1980’s cartoon. Immediately, a drive-thru employee whips around and starts yelling about how much he loved that cartoon. I adore the series and just knowing someone knew what the sound was had me in a better mood. I see the drive-thru employee pull the cashier aside and say something to her, but I can’t hear it over the other employees. She returns with my food and three drinks that didn’t come with the order.)

Me: Oh, does this combo come with drinks now?

Cashier: Oh, no. Someone drove away without their drinks, so we’re going to give them to you for free.

Me: Wait, what? Really? Thank you! You just made my whole day so much better, that’s so nice of you!

(As I’m leaving, I could hear the drive-thru employee loudly singing the theme song. When I got home, I got to regale the whole story of a very kind drive-thru employee to my family instead of telling them about what an awful day I had. Even the simplest kindnesses can turn someone’s whole day around!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!