Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18404

Unfiltered | April 3, 2016

My niece was diagnosed with a rare brain cancer when she was only 4 years old. The way she handles her illness is inspirational. When undergoing chemo, I remember her keeping us all smiling by doing gymnastics using the handholds on the red line trains.

Anyway, she happened to be at the children’s hospital during the Boston marathon bombing and it shook her hospital room.

Some time after all of that, a mother and child who were injured in the blast were getting treated at the same children’s hospital. Apparently the First Lady, Michelle Obama came to visit them, because my niece went to open her door to go to the play room and there was a secret service agent blocking the doorway.

In her fearless way, my niece said hi, and asked to go to the play room. The agent asked my sister where it was, and she pointed past the cluster of people talking to the First Lady.

My sister was to shy to go through them, but Michelle Obama happened to look up and see my niece. It was clear what was wrong with my niece due to her lack of hair caused by chemo.

The First Lady excused herself from the group and went over to give my niece a hug and talk to them. She is one of the most important women in the world and she dropped everything to talk to a sick little girl.

Thank you Michelle Obama. I doubt you will ever see this, but my family will always be grateful for the time you took out of your day.

If you do read it, she is doing great, she is 8 and in the second grade. The doctors found a treatment that removed all of the cancerous tumors and her scans have been clear for nearly 3 years now!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!