Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18393

Unfiltered | March 21, 2016

(I worked at a small museum set up in a large log cabin. I gave a lot of tours of the place, but most people didn’t seem to care or were too busy holding their kids back from touching all the artifacts. One day a large group comes in and I begin to give the tour. On our way to the next room one of the guests speaks to me.)

Guest: So, you work here during the summers?

Me: Yes, I’m just saving up some money for school.

Guest: What are you planning on taking?

Me: Journalism, but I also want to be a fiction writer.

Guest: *laughs* That’s funny, I’m a writer actually. I just published my book recently.

Me: Really?

(I continue to give the tour and the group is extremely engaged. They spend three times the amount of time in the museum that most groups do, and I make wonderful conversation with the author and his group. As the group goes to leave, the author goes out to his car and comes back.)

Guest: I’m not sure if you’re allowed tips, but here’s something for your amazing tour. *hands $5 bill*

Me: Thank you so much!

Guest: And also, here’s a copy of my book. Let me know what you think!

Me: Th-thank you so much!

(The book wasn’t that great, but I still appreciate the kindness and conversations we had.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!