Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #181225

, , | Unfiltered | January 4, 2020

(I work in a high end grocery store. I’m usually in the back room. We use speakers to communicate with other coworkers.)

Coworker: *over speaker* Someone from produce to the front for customer assistance.

(I walk to the front and see a man who is talking to himself about how horrible the customer service is here. My coworker tells me this is the man who needs help.)

Man: Yes I’m looking for [product]. Someone told me it would be yesterday and it wasn’t. Then someone told me it would be here by 12 today. It’s 3:00 so it should be here but I don’t see it on the shelf.

Me: Well let’s go look for it!

(We go over to the shelf to look for the product and I figure out what he’s looking for. It’s not on the shelf which means it’s most likely not in the back room, but I always offer to check. Low and behold it’s not in the back room. I ask my manager what to to because this customer has been pretty irrate already and he said just explain the situation and offer to get the customers info and call him when the product arrives.)

Me: Well it looks like [product] wasn’t shipped. It’s most likely because the supplier was out. So–

Man: *cutting me off* Well I think it’s because you’re too incompetent to order it! *storms off*

Me: *speechless*

Me: Well I guess you don’t want me to call you when it gets here…

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!