Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #181185

, , | Unfiltered | December 31, 2019

(Note: I work for a well known phone corporation.)

Me: “Welcome to *******, how can I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, I want to check about an upgrade.”

(After talking to her and logging on I see she can get a new phone. I noticed she was kind of fidgety and just really uptight.)

Customer: “OK, well how much is this phone.”

Me: “If you do a standard upgrade then the phone will run you $200.”

Customer: “$200! I saw online the other day that I could get that cheaper.”

After 20 minutes of her searching up and down on her phone, while people are waiting around for help, she couldn’t find anything that matched

Customer: *In a tone* “Ok… Well how much would this stuff be”
*Grabs a few things*

Me: “That will be **.**”

Customer:”I could definatley find that cheaper online” *Customer proceeds to look online for cheaper prices once again*

We back and forth like this for about a little over an hour. With the line of people waiting.

We try and negotiate a price for everything and finally get her settled down some.

Customer: “OK then… Sorry if I was seem really out of it, but I got in a car accident 6 months ago, it messed up my pituitary gland”
*The customer jabs herself in the forehead excessively with quite a bit of force for the later half of the statemnt.*

(Note: The pituitary gland helps control growth and hormones and is located toward rear base of the brain.)

Me: *trying not to burst out laughing* “Sorry to hear that.”

Customer:”Thanks, well that was everything I needed to know.”

The customer leaves just like everyone that was waiting in line earlier.

My coworker and I look at eachother and lose it.

Now when we get a customer who isn’t quite there or just not that smart we poke ourselves in the forhead.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!