Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #180388

, , | Unfiltered | December 21, 2019

I work in a small liquor store where all of the small sized bottles are behind the counter and the larger bottles are in kept in the aisles where customers can easily access them.

Me: Hello, how are you?

Customer: Tired.

Me: I’m sorry to hear that, what would you like tonight sir?

Customer: Just give me a small Jack Daniels (rude tone)

Me: The pint sir? (only “small” size we carry)

Customer: I guess, how much is it?

Me: 16.99 plus tax.

Customer: Well how much is the fifth? ( still with a very nasty tone)

Me: 25.99 plus tax sir (still cheerful)

Customer: so REALLY 26.00

Me: Basically.

Customer: Just give me that.

Me: Okay sir it is going to be in the left aisle on the left hand side. (pointing)

Customer: You mean i actually have to go get it?

I should note here that i keep small .99 cent mini bottles on the counter and people have tried to pocket them if i turn my back. This man isn’t elderly or disabled.

Me: Yes sir it is only about 20 ft down the aisle. (my voice is flat now, losing patience)

Customer: Really? (confused tone)

I go through this once a week with this guy. He always has an attitude and I would normally grab the guy his bottle but his tone is always so rude and he is one of those who throws the money on the counter when my hand is extended. Respect is earned not just given.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!