Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #180384

, , | Unfiltered | December 20, 2019

On the Boxing Day holiday the Monday following Boxing Day something truly wonderful happened. I work for a large scale retailer, it’s around 5:45pm and an elderly woman has fallen in our register queuing and while the manager is trying to help her with the supervisor I’ve been left in charge of the Service department, as the only other team members on that night are all new hires, I’m rushing back and forth from terminals helping with the problems presenting themselves, as the other operators are busy I sign on to my terminal to serve an older lady and a man I assume is her husband.

As I serve her I ask her how her day has been and if she had enjoyed the holiday season.

Customer : Oh I haven’t been out in so long I’ve spent more than a year in hospital

Me: Oh dear me, well it’s a good thing that you’re well and about now

Customer: Thank you that’s very sweet

As I finish the transaction and her card is approved she smiles at me and says

Customer : Thank you so much, I saw how busy you were helping your coworkers and you went out of your way to serve me…”

Me: Oh no worries at all, it’s all in the job

Customer : You see I’ve got very bad depression and anxiety, I wasn’t expecting such kindness and patience from a stranger, you’re a lovely young man, you’ve really helped me today, thank you so much

Me: Oh thank you so much, I’m so glad I could help you

Customer : No, thank you. I hope they appreciate you here and I hope your night is restful and you have a happy new year, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Me: Oh thank you so much, that’s a wonderful thing to hear.

Customer: You have a good day now.

Me: And you too it’s been lovely talking to you.

This is the loveliest thing at work to have happened to me and I don’t think I’ll ever forget it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!