Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #180382

, , | Unfiltered | December 20, 2019

(I work in a call center that sets up medical transportation for people with certain types of health insurance. Before they can actually speak to a representative they have to listen to a brief 30 second recording that reminds them that we require 3 days notice to set up transportation. The recording also reminds them to be prepared to give the CSR the address, appointment date, and phone number of the doctor’s office. SPOILER — some of them call unprepared with this information which gets frustrating. Some of them give us less than 3 days notice, which is even more frustrating since that means I have to call the doctor’s office to verify the urgency of the appointment. This is one of those times.)

Me: Okay ma’am, may I have the phone number to the doctor’s office please?

Woman: I don’t have that information on me.

Me: Ma’am, I advised you at the beginning of this conversation that I need all the trip information to set you up as it is also stated in the recording before you speak to me.

Woman: I already told you that I don’t have that information.

Me: Let me ask you this then. Let’s say something happened where you got sick and you have to cancel your appointment. How would you get in touch with the doctor’s office to let them know?

(You’ll be surprised how well this question works in getting the phone number from the member, a phenomenon I will never understand)

Woman: OOHH, you mean the doctor’s receptionist number?!? That number is ###-###-####

(shaking my head at the ridiculousness of it all)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!