Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #180356

, | Unfiltered | December 17, 2019

I’m a woman working in a mobile phone store. As I like gadgets and gizmos, I tend to keep my knowledge high on the latest products and problems so I can handle any issues or queries in store.

Male customer : “I have a problem with my phone. Is there a man I could speak to about it?”

Me: “I’m happy to take a look at it for you! What’s the problem?”

Male customer: “It’s very complicated. Even my network couldn’t help me. I need to speak to a man.”

Me: “If you’re sure but we all have the same training and exp-” (As I’m talking, my male colleague comes out of the back and the customer walks off to him while I’m mid-sentence)

Male customer: “I’ve got this problem with my phone” (Begins explaining a complicated software issue)

Colleague: “I don’t know about that, she’s the one you’re best off talking to, she really knows her stuff.”

The customer begrudgingly handed me the phone and after ten minutes of research, I fixed what he, my male colleague and three male tech support operatives could not. He turned bright red and didn’t even thank me.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!