Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

18 Amazing Stories About Scotland! – The Not Always Right World Tour!

| Right | October 11, 2020

Dear readers,

It’s time to continue the Not Always Right world tour! Today, we’re visiting the country that has the highest proportion of redheads in the world and is home to the world’s tallest hedge and a prehistoric plesiosaur called Nessie. That’s right, we’re going to Scotland!

For many outside the UK, it can be confusing to think of Scotland as a “country within a country” but it really is, with its own parliament, language, and even its own money minted by the Bank of Scotland.

Those who think food from the British Isles isn’t adventurous are usually not referring to Scotland. Their most famous dish, Haggis (which has been banned in the US since 1971), consists of sheep liver, lungs, and heart minced with spices, salt, oatmeal, suet, and onion, and cooked inside a stomach lining. Throw in some tatties or a black pudding and you have a feast – and very little wasted animal!

We’ve rounded up eighteen stories from our archives about Scotland, its people, and many common misconceptions about the country! We hope you continue to enjoy the Not Always Right world tour!

 

Nothin’ Like A Good Old Existential Meltdown – Sorry, friend, but we don’t have an answer, either.

TomTomfoolery – At least they didn’t start in Spain.

Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Maps – Hits from the comments: “I am so very confused… And I’m an American.”

We’re About To Get A Wine-r – I can’t stop cackling over, “Lady, if that is what you prefer—” *points south* “—England is that way.”

Pun-gent Politics – The universe is such a beautiful place sometimes.

He Speaks Stupid – I just… I just can’t.

Very Old Lang Syne – At least he was enthusiastic!

Third Time Is A Charming – Traveling is a balancing act to begin with.

You’ve Got A Ticket To Ride, Part 2 – Sometimes a little kindness goes a long way.

Got It A Brit Wrong – Luckily, we’ll always have Google.

And I’ll Get To Scotland Before You – How do you accidentally dial an entire wrong country?!

They Must Have Been High(lands) – Government is a pain in the butt the world over.

There’s A Wee Bit Of Difference – Hits from the comments: “I am so glad I don’t work with these people.”

Scotland And Canada, Northern Brothers In Arms – Yankee Doodle went to town and put her foot in her mouth.

Mr. Anal And Mrs. Retentive Go To Scotland – The rude tourists don’t just come from the USA, and we have proof!

The League Of Extraordinary Diversity – And this, friends, is why we apply intersectionality to our activism.

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Bro – Hits from the comments: “It’s like the muggle Fred and George.”

No Vocation For Location, Part 5 – Oh, sure. Only worry about geography when it’s convenient for you.

 

We hope you enjoyed this Scotland-themed roundup! What country would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments! Want to send in your own story? Submit your story here!


Some other roundups from our world tour to check out if you liked this one:

Brazil
The Philippines
India
Japan
Spain

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!