Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #179788

, | Unfiltered | December 16, 2019

(I deliver flowers and I’m outside someone’s door with the vase in on hand and clipboard on the other. I hear loud barking and see two large size pit bull mixed dogs coming dashing at me, clearly territorial and blocking my way to the door. I stop and as instructed, call the customer’s number and explain.)

Customer: “They are not vicious, just give them your hand! To sniff!”

(I think this lady must be crazy to tell me to give my hand to two strange, growling dogs. I’m not afraid of dogs, but these are two dogs and could easily knock me down if they jumped on me, even playing.)

Me: “Ma’am I’m not going to do that. They’re snapping.”

Customer: “What?! WHY NOTTT! They’re my babies and wouldn’t hurt a fly! They’re not vicious, and they don’t SNAP!!!”

Me: “Ma’am, they’re also growling at me and warning me to stay away, they don’t know me, I have owned dogs–”

Customer: “OBVIOUSLY not, dogs don’t snap and attack, especially my well trained babies!”

Me: “Let me put you on speakerphone so you can hear how loud they are.” *does so*

Customer: “Oh my babies! Who’s a good boy?!” *makes kissy noises*

(The dogs pause a moment, then continue barking and snapping at me.)

Me: “So like I said, I’m not going to the front door, they don’t even seem to be on a chain.”

Customer: “NO! You have to go, understand me?! I don’t care if about my dogs, neither should you, so you just have to go!”

(We discuss it a bit more, and she finally, in a tone like she’s giving me the best favor in the world, agrees to let me leave the flowers near her mailbox instead. Later, she complained that her flowers were knocked over by her dog and my boss fired me a week later after that.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!