Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #179764

, | Unfiltered | December 14, 2019

(I’m working express checkout with a newer co-worker, and I see a trolley pull up. Since I don’t really want to serve it, (I am in express after all) and my co-worker is busy, I want to see if I can send them to a big checkout.)

Me: Excuse me, did you know there’s a register open up there? (Pointing to my co-worker up the other end of the store)

Customer: Oh no, she’s closed.

Me: No, she is open. She’s likely just been cleaning, and wasn’t standing at the open register.

Customer: No I saw a closed sign, she was definitely closed.

(My supervisor counting a drawer notices.)

Supervisor: Don’t worry, just serve her.

Me: (Trying to get my supervisor to understand) Well you know, there’s more space on a big one, and I know she’s open…

Customer: She was definitely closed. I saw the sign.

Supervisor: Go on, just serve her.

(At this point I resign to serving a trolley, and nearly run out of space putting all her bags on the tiny express checkout bag area. After she leaves, I wryly comment to my newer co-worker.)

Me: Contrary to what they say, the customer is not always right… sometimes, they’re an idiot.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!