Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #179083

, , , | Unfiltered | December 5, 2019

(A man enters the shop at a quiet point in the day, and he is a regular customer who is known to be very difficult. I was currently the only one on the shop floor so I took a deep breath and went to serve him.)

Customer: Can you change this twenty pound note for two ten pound notes please?

(Our shop has a policy against changing notes due to a history of fake notes being taken, and even if we could, at this point in time I only had one ten pound note in my till so it was literally impossible for me to do it.)

Me: “I’m sorry, I only have one ten pound note in my till at the moment, and even if I had two, it is a policy in our shop not to change notes I’m afraid. However the convenience store across the road will do it for you.”

(I literally then watched this mans face go bright red with anger and braced myself for an outburst.)

Customer: THIS IS BLOODY WELL RIDICULOUS! CHANGE MY TWENTY POUND NOTE RIGHT NOW! IT IS THE LAW ALL OVER THE F*****G COUNTRY THAT YOU MUST CHANGE MY MONEY IF I ASK YOU TO! GET ME YOUR MANAGER RIGHT NOW I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE WITH AUTHORITY.

(At this point my supervisor can hear the commotion and appears from the back room.)

Supervisor: What’s the problem love?

Customer: This STUPID girl tells me it is “against your policy” to change my note!

Supervisor: I’ll ask you politely not to call my colleague such things sir. And she is right anyway, we are not allowed to change notes for change due a history of fake notes in this shop.

(This apparent accusation makes the customer even angrier and he starts waving his twenty pound note in my supervisors face violently)

Customer: DOES THIS LOOK FAKE YOU IDIOT?! GIVE ME MY CHANGE NOW BEFORE I CALL TRADING STANDARDS ON YOUR SORRY ARSES!

Supervisor: Sir, the shop across the road will gladly change that for you, and anyway, we only have one ten pound note in the till so it is impossible anyway!

Customer: WELL IM NOT IN THE F*****G SHOP AM I? I AM ASKING YOU!

(After another five minutes of back and forth the customer heads towards the door KICKING OVER our wet floor sign on the way.)

Customer shouting from the doorway: F*** YOU AND YOUR POLICIES, YOU LOT OF STUPID WOMEN SHOULDNT BE LEFT TO RUN A SHOP. HOW F*****G RUDE!

(Me and my supervisor just stand there in complete disbelief)

Supervisor: What a c**t.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!