Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #178392

, , | Unfiltered | November 28, 2019

(I’m a cashier. Store policy is that if someone’s card says “See ID” on it, we can’t accept it without ID. The customer has been pleasant up to this point.)

Me: “Okay, that will be [amount].”
*Customer hands me a card with “See ID” written on the back*
Me: “Can I see your ID, please?”
Customer: “Oh, and of course I left my ID in the car. It’s fine.”
Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I do need to see your ID.”
Customer: *suddenly nasty* “Seriously? You JUST saw me take it out of my pocket!”
Me: “Yes, but I have no way of knowing that it’s actually yours.”
Customer: “Fine!”
*Customer leaves and then returns with her ID*
Customer: “Here.” *She flashes her ID so fast I have to ask her to show it to me again, so I can actually confirm that it matches her card*
Me: “Again, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, but if it says ‘See ID,’ then I need to check ID.”
Customer: “You saw me take it out of my wallet!”
My manager notices how angry the customer is.
Manager: “Is everything alright?”
Customer: “No!”
Me: “It says ‘See ID’ on her card, but she left it in her car and had to go get it.”
Manager: “Oh, okay.”
(I finish the transaction and the customer snatches her receipt and card out of my hand and walks off in a huff. Apparently only the legitimate owner of a card can keep it in their pocket or wallet before using it. My manager didn’t get what the problem was, either.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!